Dealing with the loss of a loved one is one of the hardest challenges and transitions that we confront in life. It is however inevitable that each of us in our lifetime will experience loss through bereavement. Each person deals with loss in their own unique way. Sometimes we only discover much later in life that we have not dealt with our losses. This could lead to blockages in our ability to form, develop and maintain meaningful relationships. Counsellors often tactfully evade the topic of loss due to its nature as well as not being sure how to deal with the concept of loss. In this workshop we look at the nature of loss. We take a closer look at the concepts of bereavement and look at ways of helping ourselves and clients work through loss.
- A minimum requirement to attend this training is the Basic Counselling Skills 1 and 2 trainings or a recognized Basic Counselling skills training.
- Recognition of non FAMtrac trainings will be considered on an individual basis.
- This Workshop will be applied for Continual Professional Development (CPD) points from the South African Council for Social Service Profession (SACSSP).
- Please view our CPD guidelines.
Kindly note that bookings for this training need to be made at least 10 days prior to the first day of training. Please forward proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to finalize your booking.
Please Click Here for our Bookings and Payment guidelines.
By the end of this training participants should be able to:
- Define loss, Bereavement, Grief and Mourning
- Describe some of the approaches used in dealing with loss
- Gain personal and professional insight by reflecting on personal experiences in dealing with loss
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Bereavement Counselling
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of grief
- Defining the concepts of grief and mourning
- Looking closer at the approaches used in Bereavement Counselling
- Reflecting on personal experiences of loss
- Distinguishing between the different categories of loss
- Exploring Bereavement Counselling